Looking for something fun to do with your friends and family, no matter where they are across the world? Learn more about the Celiac Disease Foundation’s 2023 Turkey Trot 5k and how joining or creating a team can expand your fundraising and accelerate celiac disease research for treatment and a cure.
- Creating a team provides support and unity for families and groups of fundraisers. With multiple team members raising funds and educating their networks, the message gets amplified to new people and potential supporters.
- Joining a virtual team can create the same sense of community as an in-person event. The Turkey Trot is a fun event for all ages and fitness abilities, and joining a team will allow you to work with likeminded individuals who share the common goal of raising funds and awareness for celiac disease research.
- Being on a team provides additional motivation. Joining a Turkey Trot team can help inspire you to reach your fundraising goal, and having a team cheering on your progress can also motivate you to reach the 3.1-mile (5k) finish line. It also adds a fun element of competition!
- Setting team goals lets you work toward them together. We know that the strength of the team is each individual member, and the strength of each member is the team. Setting fundraising goals and moving toward them as a team can create a unified bond and appreciation for what each team member brings to the group.
- Organizing a team is a great way to spend time with family and friends. The virtual style of the Turkey Trot provides the opportunity to spend valuable time with loved ones and move together toward a cure. These special moments can help you recharge and smile at the end of a busy day.
Register here to get started! During the registration process you will be asked, “Will you be creating a personal fundraiser?” If you would like to join or create a virtual team, you must select “Yes.” If you’re already registered as a fundraiser, you can join any team!