Submit a Research Proposal
We welcome researchers in the US and worldwide to learn more about conducting research, clinical trials, and other collaborations with iCureCeliac®.
The Celiac Disease Foundation works closely with investigators and the iCureCeliac® participant community to assure that approved studies will benefit people with celiac disease. To submit a research proposal for consideration:
- Review the iCureCeliac® Data Access Guidelines and Data Access Agreement.
- Contact Julia McBeth, Director of Scientific Affairs, at [email protected] to discuss your research concept.
- Submit your CV and proposal using the iCureCeliac® Research Proposal Form to [email protected].
- The Celiac Disease Foundation Research Committee will review your proposal and provide feedback to you.
- Submit your final proposal, incorporating any feedback.
- The Celiac Disease Foundation provides you with a data set, or direct access to the anonymized data as determined by the Foundation Research Committee.
iCureCeliac® Research Study Review Criteria
The Celiac Disease Foundation Research Committee uses the following criteria in approving research proposals:
- Research focuses on issues and concerns that are known or believed to be considered important by people with celiac disease.
- Research has been developed with input from people with celiac disease.
- Research is scientifically rigorous.
- New data is feasible to collect where not already in iCureCeliac®.
- Research has the potential to definitively answer an important question.
Open Access and Data-Sharing
The Celiac Disease Foundation has a policy of providing its research resources on an open-access basis, meaning that we will work with any investigator, at any institution, anywhere in the world who is conducting valid research that is in alignment with our mission and policies.
We also have a policy supporting data sharing among investigators. Researchers who use iCureCeliac® resources in their studies are obligated to share the data and/or findings generated using these resources with the Celiac Disease Foundation for further use, including sharing with the broader scientific community.
Pricing for studies using iCureCeliac® data, samples, and other Celiac Disease Foundation resources is determined by the Celiac Disease Foundation Research Committee. Please contact [email protected] for more information, including estimates.