Using data gathered on children born in Bavaria, Germany between the years 2005-2007, researchers sought to make a connection between gastrointestinal or respiratory infections and the development of celiac disease. In each case, medical records were reviewed for treated infections up to age two, and then for any subsequent diagnosis of celiac disease.
Early Age Infections and the Onset of Celiac Disease
- What’s New in Celiac News? Summary: Association of IBD With Coeliac Disease and Coeliac Autoimmunity in Children and Adults
- Celiac Disease Foundation Debuts Innovative iRecruitCeliac Patient Recruitment Platform
- Recording Now Available: International Symposium on Celiac Disease
- What’s New in Celiac News? Machine Algorithms and Pathways, Oh My!
Search the archive
- Advocacy News
- Celiac Disease in the News
- Clinical Trials
- Eat! Gluten-Free
- Foundation Press
- Marilyn’s Message
- Monthly eNewsletter
- Patient Profile Advocacy Series
- Research News
- Research Press
- Trending Topics
Here at the Celiac Disease Foundation, we deeply value hearing stories from our patient community. Elevating the lived experience of people navigating celiac disease and recognizing the good work of our patient advocates are important ways to build community among our patients, caregivers, and supporters worldwide. Your stories are also...