Crab Cakes with Creamy Cocktail Sauce
Made with Crunchmaster™ Sea Salt Multi-Grain Crackers
- 16 oz. Crab Meat (picked over and flaked)
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed Crunchmaster™ Sea Salt Multi-Grain Crackers
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/4 cup minced green onions (white and green parts)
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- lemon wedges for serving
- Combine crabmeat with ¼ cup Crunchmaster™ Sea Salt Multi-Grain Cracker crumbs, eggs, green onions, ¼ cup mayonnaise, lemon juice, 4 or 5 dashes of hot sauce, salt and pepper, mix well. Pour remaining cracker crumbs into a dinner plate or shallow bowl.
- Shape crab mixture into 12 cakes using ¼ cup mixture for each cake. Coat the crab cakes with cracker crumbs, lightly pressing the crumbs into the cakes. Place crab cakes on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat until butter is melted. Cook the crab cakes in batches (do not overcrowd the pan) for 3 – 4 minutes per side or until golden brown on the bottom.
1. Whisk together the remaining ¼ cup mayonnaise with the cocktail sauce and 3 or 4 dashes of hot sauce.
2. Serve the crab cakes with the creamy cocktail sauce and lemon wedges.
Per 1/12 recipe