No-Bake Cereal Bars
Peanut butter and chocolate come together in sweet and crunchy no-bake bars that keep the kitchen cool.
- 1 Cup Corn Syrup (light)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/4 Cups Peanut Butter
- 6 Cups Cheerios Cereal
- 2 Cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Lightly butter 13 x 9-inch pan. In 4- to 5-quart Dutch oven, heat corn syrup and sugar to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Cook until sugar is dissolved; remove from heat.
- Add 1 cup of the peanut butter; stir until smooth. Add cereal; mix well.
- Immediately press in buttered pan.
- In 2-quart saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips with remaining 1/4 cup peanut butter, stirring constantly. Spread evenly over bars.
- Refrigerate about 30 minutes or cool completely at room temperature until chocolate is set.
- For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows.
For easy removal of bars, line pan with foil and then grease the foil. When chocolate is set, use a spatula to lift entire recipe from pan. Cut into bars.