Mexican Hot Chocolate Cereal Bars
These Chex™ cereal treats deliver the sweet heat with Mexican hot chocolate flavors.
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 10 Ounces Large Marshallows (or 4 cups mini marshmallows)
- 3 Cups Chocolate Chex Cereal
- 3 Cups Vanilla Chex Cereal
- 2 Cups Cinnamon Chex Cereal
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Red Pepper (cayenne)
- 1/4 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Spray 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 45 seconds or until melted. Add marshmallows; toss to coat. Microwave 1 to 1 1/2 minutes longer. Stir until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended.
- Add cereals and red pepper; mix well. Using waxed paper or spatula sprayed with cooking spray, press mixture evenly in pan. Cool 15 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds. Stir until smooth. Spoon melted chocolate into resealable food-storage plastic bag. Cut small corner off bag, and pipe chocolate on top of bars. Refrigerate 5 to 10 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- For bars, cut into 6 rows by 3 rows.
Variation: Increase red pepper to 1 teaspoon for even more heat.
Storage: Store in airtight container at room temperature.