Sweet Potato Burgers
- 3 cups Sweet Potato (cooked and mashed)
- 1 cup Cream of Rice Hot Cereal (uncooked)
- 1 cup Black Beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup frozen corn (thawed)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 2 green onions (sliced)
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 6 gluten-free hamburger buns
- 6 tsp ketchup
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease baking sheet.
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT 1/2 cup Cream of Rice.
- Divide mixture into 6 patties. Coat each patty in remaining Cream of Rice (mixture will be fairly wet, so handle gently).
- Arrange burgers on baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once halfway through.
- Tip: use a dark coated baking sheet to eliminate the need to turn burgers.
Recipe provided by: http://www.creamofwheat.com/recipes/?recipe=Sweet+Potato+%26+Black+Bean+Burgers