The State of Autoimmune Disease: A National Summit
In honor of National Autoimmune Disease Awareness Month, the American Autoimmune Related Diseases Association (AARDA) and the National Coalition of Autoimmune Patient Groups (NCAPG) of which Celiac Disease Foundation is a member, cordially invite you to The State of Autoimmune Disease: A National Summit at the National Press Club, Holeman Lounge, in Washington, DC on Monday, March 23, 2015 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The summit will bring together leading experts in research, environment, advocacy and patient issues to explore the most current trends in autoimmune disease diagnosis, treatments and therapies. Panels will include:
- Autoimmune Disease Research: A View from Academia, Government and the Private Sectors
- Autoimmune Disease and Fatigue: What’s the Connection?
- Autoimmunity and the Environment
- Top Autoimmune Advocacy Issues for 2015
- Patient Perspective: Getting an Autoimmune Disease Diagnosis
Over lunch, we will hear from acclaimed American writer, poet and editor Meghan O’Rourke who so beautifully wrote about her personal story with autoimmune disease in The New Yorker. A limited number of tickets are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Please RSVP by Monday, March 16 to:
Email [email protected] to let us know you if you will be joining CEO Marilyn Geller in attending.
Specialty Medicines: Access and Safety Congressional Briefing
On Tuesday, March 24, 2015, you are invited to attend the Congressional Briefing, “Specialty Medicines: Access and Safety”. The briefing will be held in the Cannon House Office Building, Room 122, 27 Independence Avenue SE in Washington, DC, from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. It will bring together leading experts, researchers, legislators and patients to discuss top autoimmune disease advocacy issues, including:
- Access to Specialty Medicines
- Biologicals and Biosimilars
A light breakfast will be served. A limited number of tickets are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please RSVP by Monday, March 16 to:
Email [email protected] to let us know if you will be joining CEO Marilyn Geller in attending.
Be Heard – Submit a Patient Testimonial Video
Would you like to submit a patient testimonial video to be played at the National Summit? If so, please send to [email protected] no later than Tuesday, March 3rd. CDF will load the best videos to our YouTube site for review and selection by AARDA.
- Videos can be shot with smartphone, iPad, etc.
- Length of videos can range between 30 – 90 seconds MAX.
- Identify yourself by name, the disease(s) you suffer from and a short vignette about your struggles with diagnosis and/or fatigue.
Have questions? Please contact us at 818.716.1513, x105 or at [email protected]