Shine A Light on Celiac Disease in Your City
May 16, 2022 is International Celiac Disease Awareness Day. Once again, celiac disease associations and societies around the world are teaming up to celebrate this day with the Shine a Light on Celiac campaign by lighting up landmarks across the globe. We’re shining a light on celiac disease awareness and the need for celiac disease research, treatments, and a cure.
Light a Building in Your City
Many bridges, city halls, and skyscrapers have lights that will illuminate special colors for special causes. You can request the landmarks in your area to light up blue on May 16, 2022, or any day in May, in support of International Celiac Disease Awareness Day.
The Celiac Disease Foundation is lighting the following landmarks blue on May 16:
- US Bank Tower in Los Angeles, CA
- San Diego Convention Center sails in San Diego, CA
- Boston Children’s Hospital in Boston, MA
- Target HQ in Minneapolis, MN
- Capella Tower in Minneapolis, MN
- St. Anthony’s Falls Bridge in Minneapolis, MN
- One Atlantic Center fountain in Atlanta, GA
- King & Queen buildings in Atlanta, GA
- Terminus Atlanta in Atlanta, GA
- NCR Corporation in Atlanta, GA
- 1180 Peachtree Tower in Atlanta, GA
- Dublin Link Bridge in Dublin, OH
- Norbert F. Beckey Bridge in Muscatine, IA
Check out this up-to-date list of the landmarks lighting up in support of celiac disease awareness around the world.
How You Can Participate
- Most landmarks have a lighting request form online that you can complete. If you know of a landmark in your area that lights up for special causes and awareness days, please complete the form using the sample language below.
- The request form may ask for your position at the Celiac Disease Foundation, in which case, please write “Volunteer.”
- The request form may ask for the Celiac Disease Foundation’s EIN number, in which case, please write 95-4310830.
- We request the landmarks light up blue.
- If the landmark would like to speak to someone at the Celiac Disease Foundation to verify the information, please direct them to Brianna Evers at [email protected]
- Once the landmark has confirmed that the building will be lit in support of celiac disease awareness, please forward the confirmation to Brianna Evers at [email protected] so we can include it on the list of buildings being lit! Please send confirmation by May 10, 2022.
- On the day of the lighting, take a picture of the landmark and send it to us for a chance to be included in our next newsletter or blog post!
Sample Language for Requests:
The Celiac Disease Foundation is the nation’s leading patient advocacy organization for celiac disease. Since its founding in 1990, the Celiac Disease Foundation continues to champion many battles: federal funding for celiac disease research and labeling standards for gluten-free foods, widespread patient and provider education, access to mainstream gluten-free products, improved diagnostic tools, and accelerated development of therapeutic treatments and a cure. To learn more, visit celiac.org.
During May Celiac Awareness Month, specifically on “International Celiac Disease Awareness Day”, May 16, the Celiac Disease Foundation will join with celiac disease organizations from around the world in an international campaign to strengthen our message and mission to raise awareness of celiac disease. We work together to light up buildings internationally on May 16 and hope we can count on your support to light up the [INSERT LANDMARK NAME HERE].