The world’s leading health organizations supporting celiac disease awareness and education (Celiac Disease Foundation, American Celiac Disease Alliance, Celiac Sprue Association, Gluten Intolerance Group and the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness) applaud the efforts of Alvine Pharmaceuticals and AbbVie in addressing the significant unmet medical need for therapeutic treatment of celiac disease. ALV003 is an investigational oral therapy composed of two recombinant, gluten specific enzymes (a cysteine protease (EP-B2) and a prolyl endopeptidase (PEP)), that degrade gluten in-vitro and in human clinical testing, and may reduce the symptoms and intestinal injury associated with celiac disease in patients attempting to adhere to a gluten-free diet.
Progress Toward Oral Therapy for Celiac Disease
- What’s New in Celiac News? Summary: Association of IBD With Coeliac Disease and Coeliac Autoimmunity in Children and Adults
- Celiac Disease Foundation Debuts Innovative iRecruitCeliac Patient Recruitment Platform
- Recording Now Available: International Symposium on Celiac Disease
- What’s New in Celiac News? Machine Algorithms and Pathways, Oh My!
Search the archive
- Advocacy News
- Celiac Disease in the News
- Clinical Trials
- Eat! Gluten-Free
- Foundation Press
- Marilyn’s Message
- Monthly eNewsletter
- Patient Profile Advocacy Series
- Research News
- Research Press
- Trending Topics
Here at the Celiac Disease Foundation, we deeply value hearing stories from our patient community. Elevating the lived experience of people navigating celiac disease and recognizing the good work of our patient advocates are important ways to build community among our patients, caregivers, and supporters worldwide. Your stories are also...