Using the Walker Tracker App
IMPORTANT: If you’ve already downloaded the app or made an account and didn’t enter the program URL https://2022turkeytrot.thrives.app/, please email [email protected] with your name, email, and tell them you are with the Celiac Disease Foundation Virtual Turkey Trot Cross-Country Challenge and provide the program URL. This must be done in order to be included in the Challenge.
Download & Create an Account
If you haven’t downloaded the app, please do so before November 12 by following the steps below. Read the Walker Tracker Notice here.
- Download the Walker Tracker app, free on Android and iOS, before November 12. Prefer using a desktop? You can make a free account here. Desktop users need to manually enter steps. Your login is the same for both desktop and mobile.
- Create an account by clicking the link at the bottom of the screen that says “Don’t have an account? Create one here.” Enter the program URL 2022turkeytrot.thrives.app and click Next. Enter your name, valid email address, username, and password, and click Register. Make sure to click Enable Notifications to receive emails as you cross each Turkey Trot landmark. Need more help? Walker Tracker provides a helpful How-To video here.
Sync & Join the Challenge
- Sync the app to your phone’s health app or another device to track your steps. Syncing instructions can be found here for iOS, Android, and Desktop.
- On November 12 or 13, click “Challenges.” Then, click the “2022 Turkey Trot Virtual Cross-Country Challenge” banner at the top of the page.
- You’re now in the Challenge!
- The app will automatically track your steps as you take your “cross-country” trip, or you can enter activities manually to be counted as steps! There’s no time goal to complete the 3.1 miles, just enjoy your journey to move for a cure over the weekend!
- If you have any issues or questions regarding the app, please email [email protected].
- Not walking or running? To convert activities to steps on mobile, click the activity button on the bottom, and then click Log. Select the date and click Activities on the bottom of the screen. Press Add an Activity and this will allow you to select from 50+ different activities that you can convert to steps! Enter the time you spent doing your activity and the app will convert that into your steps across the map.