As we head into fall, I am happy to share that our 2023 Virtual Turkey Trot is right around the corner – and our team is gearing up for a terrific event! As our biggest annual fundraiser helping to fund the research, advocacy, and education that moves us toward treatments and a cure for celiac disease, the Turkey Trot offers our community a wonderful opportunity to promote our shared mission.
This fun, meaningful event would not be possible without you. Your continued involvement is truly our strongest asset in the fight against celiac disease.
Over two days, November 11 and 12, participants will move a total of 3.1 miles (5k) from wherever they are, taking part in activities that work best for them. Fundraising during the Turkey Trot is a meaningful way to play a key role in shaping the future of celiac disease, as the funds you raise directly accelerate celiac disease research for treatments and a cure.
What draws people to the Turkey Trot, and why should you consider joining?
- Participate from anywhere: Our Turkey Trot is a virtual event, so you can be involved from anywhere around the globe, and your team can participate through any activity that suits them.
- Spend time with family and friends: The Turkey Trot is a wonderful way to encourage others to join you in recognizing the serious nature of celiac disease and the need to work for a cure. Children of any age are welcome, and we even offer pet registration so your dog, cat, or other furry friend can support you – and get a matching bandana.
- Build camaraderie: We encourage you to meet other participants in our private Facebook Group. This can be a wonderful way to connect with fellow celiac disease patients – and with other people who support our cause.
- Raise funds for the cause: The Foundation equips participants for success through a fundraising page that can be personalized with your photo, celiac disease story, and details about why raising funds and promoting awareness is important to you. We will also provide you with helpful tips and tricks for successful fundraising.
- Make a difference: Last year we were thrilled to surpass our fundraising goal, and I have no doubt that together we can do it again in 2023.
Registration for the Turkey Trot closes on November 10 – and I encourage you to sign up today to take advantage of our discounted Early Bird Pricing, which ends October 6!
Along with our beloved Turkey Trot, there are other meaningful ways to bolster celiac disease research and advocacy throughout the year. Six of our community members will be participating in the TCS New York City Marathon in early November on behalf of the Foundation, and we are so grateful to Jess Cannon, Leah Contino, Christopher Dougherty, MaryEllen Fitzgerald-Bord, Claire Graham, and Stuart Smith for their inspiring efforts!
We extend our sincere thanks for their participation and invite you to learn more about each person and what drove them to support our collective mission.
This fall, and throughout the year, we deeply appreciate our supporters who fundraise for treatments and a cure – and we work hard to be your charity of choice. We are proud of our four-star rating with Charity Navigator and our Platinum rating with GuideStar, which show you can be confident that your gift will be used to thoughtfully and strategically advance our shared goals.
To Our Health,
Marilyn G. Geller
Chief Executive Officer