Patient Advocacy Summit Event Participant Agreement and Release
In order to complete and confirm my registration in this Celiac Disease Foundation Event, I hereby affirm, acknowledge, and agree to the following:
- I am an adult age 18 years or older registering as a participant in this Celiac Disease Foundation Event; or I am the parent/legal guardian acting on behalf of and registering a minor age 17 years or younger who wishes to participate in this Celiac Disease Foundation Event and that I have the legal authority to act and consent on his/her behalf.
- I acknowledge that I (and the minor) have voluntarily agreed to be a Celiac Disease Foundation Event Participant. I hereby, for myself (and the minor) and my (and the minor’s) heirs, administrators, and executors covenant not to sue and release, waive and forever discharge, the Celiac Disease Foundation and its affiliates, agents, directors, employees, volunteers, representatives, successors, assigns or anyone acting for or on their behalf (“Releasees”), from all claims, demands, actions or causes of action, losses, damages, costs or injuries of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, arising from or by reason of any bodily injury or personal injuries known or unknown, death or property damage resulting from my (or the minor’s) participation in this Event, or any activities in connection with the Event whether caused by the negligence of any Releasees or otherwise or on account of first-aid or other medical treatment or service, if any, rendered during or as a result of my (or the minor’s) participation in the Event. I hereby, for myself (and the minor’s) and my (and the minor’s) heirs, administrators, and executors agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees, from all liabilities, losses, damages or costs of any nature whatsoever (including court costs and legal fees) incurred by any Releasees as a result of my (or the minor’s) participation in the Event or any other activities related to the
- I attest and certify that I am aware of the physical demands and hazards for participating in this Event, and that I am physically fit for participation in the Event. I also attest and certify that any minor on whose behalf I am acting is physically capable and mature enough to participate in this Event. I understand that the Celiac Disease Foundation will not provide supervision or otherwise monitor minors participating in this Event, and that I am responsible for supervising the minor throughout this Event.
- I (and the minor) agree to become a Celiac Disease Foundation State Advocacy Ambassador and to contact my local Congressional representatives to support celiac disease as a national priority using only messaging approved by the Celiac Disease Foundation.
- I grant a perpetual, royalty-free license to Celiac Disease Foundation to use my (and the minor’s) name, image and/or likeness for the purpose of promotion of the Celiac Disease Foundation in any manner worldwide – either in print material, radio or television broadcast, online or any other medium, in any manner whether presently in existence or hereinafter
- I understand that all donations, registrations or tickets processed are nonrefundable and nontransferable even if I (or the minor) do not participate in this Event or it is cancelled.
- I attest that I have carefully read this Agreement and fully understand and accept its contents.