CDF Team Gluten-Free® Agreement and Release
As a CDF Team Gluten-Free® participant, I understand and agree to the following:
- I will set a fundraising goal to support the mission of the Celiac Disease Foundation and will use my best efforts to achieve (or exceed!) at least that amount. If I am unable to participate in my chosen event or complete my effort for any reason, I accept responsibility for, donating and will promptly deliver, any money that I raise to the Foundation.
- I grant a perpetual, royalty-free license to Celiac Disease Foundation to use my name, image and/or likeness for the purpose of promoting Team Gluten-Free® in any manner worldwide – either in print material, radio or television broadcast, online or any other medium, in any manner whether presently in existence or hereinafter developed.
- I acknowledge that I have voluntarily agreed to be a Team Gluten-Free® participant. I hereby, for myself and my heirs, administrators, and executors covenant not to sue and release, waive and forever discharge, the Celiac Disease Foundation and its affiliates, agents, directors, employees, volunteers, representatives, successors, assigns or anyone acting for or on their behalf (“Releasees”), from all claims, demands, actions or causes of action, losses, damages, costs or injuries of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, arising from or by reason of any bodily injury or personal injuries known or unknown, death or property damage resulting from my participation in a Team Gluten-Free® Event, or any activities in connection with the Event whether caused by the negligence of any Releasees or otherwise or on account of first-aid or other medical treatment or service, if any, rendered during or as a result of my participation in the Event. I hereby, for myself and my heirs, administrators, and executors agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees, from all liabilities, losses, damages or costs of any nature whatsoever (including court costs and legal fees) incurred by any Releasees as a result of my participation in the Event or any other activities related to the Event.
- I certify that, should I participate in an athletic event, that I am aware of the physical demands and hazards of training for and participating in this event, and that I am physically fit and will train sufficiently for participation in this event.
- I acknowledge that I am responsible for all event or effort costs and understand that if the event is cancelled at any time and for any reason, of if I request to be removed from the event, there will be no refund of event expenses paid.
- I acknowledge that the Celiac Disease Foundation will not issue tax receipts or let me use the Foundation’s 501(c)3 status for any sponsorship donations I receive.
- I acknowledge that any product provided by the Celiac Disease Foundation or its sponsors or vendors is provided without any guarantee or warranty, including without limitation (i) any express, implied or statutory warranty, and (ii) the warranties of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement, including adherence to any standards or requirements that may be applicable to such product. I further acknowledge that, where product is provided by a sponsor or vendor, the Celiac Disease Foundation is not responsible for product delivery, and in such case, I authorize the Celiac Disease Foundation to provide my contact information to the sponsor or vendor in connection with the providing of product.
- I will submit all materials for my event to the Team Gluten-Free® staff for review and approval before they are made public. This includes, but is not limited to, press releases, pitch letters, printed or electronic advertisements, save-the-dates and invitations, brochures, items, and any other form of event collateral. When describing my event in a press release and/or interview, it will be made clear that the event is a “Team Gluten-Free® event to benefit Celiac Disease Foundation” and is not a Celiac Disease Foundation sponsored or hosted event. For written materials, I will use the following sentence: “____________ is a Team Gluten-Free® event to benefit Celiac Disease Foundation.”
- I may create materials and items (shirts, hats, etc.) for my event with the Team Gluten-Free® logo as long as the logo is not redrawn or modified in any way and as long as the items are not being sold. I acknowledge that Team Gluten-Free® staff must review and approve items before they are made public. I acknowledge and agree that I will not use the Celiac Disease Foundation’s logo.
- I will notify Celiac Disease Foundation staff before making requests for celebrity involvement.
- I acknowledge that, should I wish to market or sell any product or service to benefit for Team Gluten-Free®, I must first contact Celiac Disease Foundation staff for approval. Once approved, I may use the Team Gluten-Free® name and/or logo on my website and marketing materials and must specify that all moneys raised, or if less, the minimum amount that will be donated to the Foundation. I will not market or sell any other product or service that bears the Team Gluten-Free® or Celiac Disease Foundation logos and/or names unless expressly approved as set forth above.
- I have carefully read this Agreement and fully understand and accept its contents.