To translate this page for google chrome, download google translate's chrome extension here.
The self-help group ” Flemish Celiac Association “was founded in 1979 on the initiative of parents that had a child with celiac disease. The goal of the association is to promote the physical, mental and social well-being of sufferers from celiac disease and directly related diseases. Specifically this support group is pursuing the realization of the following objectives:
- Establishing contacts between celiac patients, parents of celiac patients or caregivers, via a quarterly contact sheet, regional meetings and annual general meeting
- The disclosure of gluten-free diet products and the promotion of their distribution;
- Preparing and publishing a list of gluten-free products
- The preparation and dissemination of recipes for gluten-free cooking and baking (see Cookbook, BakBoek and recipes);
- Publishing useful addresses of diet business, hotels, etc.
- The wider dissemination of the concepts of “celiac disease” and “gluten free” diet
- Publishing medical and dietary information about celiac disease and the gluten-free diet.