Coeliac Australia’s Vision
To enhance the quality of life of people requiring a gluten free diet for life and to encourage and support research towards a cure or other ethical forms of treatment.
Coeliac Australia is a national federated not-for-profit body comprising five state organisations supporting people with coeliac disease, dermatitis herpetiformis and those medically diagnosed as requiring a gluten free diet.
Coeliac Australia was formed to provide a forum to promote the national welfare and uniformity of purpose and objectives of the state Coeliac organisations throughout Australia. Coeliac Australia provides a framework for the states to work together, share resources and fulfil our vision. We strive to achieve this by:
- Providing a range of support and information services to make living with coeliac disease easier
- Representing a combined membership base of just under 25,000 people affected by coeliac disease or medically diagnosed as requiring a gluten free diet
- Raising vital funds to support research and appropriate programs
- Raising awareness of coeliac disease and the gluten free diet within the medical profession, the food and hospitality industry along with the general public.
- Work with manufacturers and peak representative groups on issues of mutual interest
- Represent state Coeliac organisations in all dealings with the Australian Federal Government and Agencies.