Spinach and Oven-Roasted Tomato Omelet
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
4 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup oven-roasted tomatoes, roughly chopped
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a small non-stick pan over medium-low heat.
- Saute spinach for 2-3 minutes or until wilted; add tomatoes; toss to combine. Using a spatula, spread vegetables evenly over surface of pan.
- Pour in beaten eggs and shake pan to distribute evenly.
- When bottom is set (about 2 minutes), loosen omelet from pan to prevent sticking. Sprinkle cheese evenly on one side; flip omelet. Cook until golden brown; flip and cook for one minute longer.
- Cut omelet in half using plastic spatula; transfer to two plates; serve hot with a side of gluten-free toast* and orange slices.
Berries and Hot Cereal
3/4 cup Cream of Rice cereal, uncooked
4 cups fat-free milk or milk alternate
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup whipped cream cheese spread (optional)
1/3 cup blueberries
1/4 cup walnuts
- Bring milk to boil in medium saucepan on high heat. Gradually add cereal and sugar, stirring constantly until well blended. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add cream cheese spread; cook until melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently.
- Add blueberries and walnuts; stir gently until blended. Serve immediately.
Pamela’s Simply Delicious Waffles
2 large eggs, separated
2/3 cup water or soda water
1 tablespoon oil
- Whip egg whites until stiff.
- In a separate bowl combine Pamela’s mix, egg yolks, water and oil; stir until no lumps form.
- Fold in stiff egg whites and bake immediately in preheated, greased waffle iron. Serve waffles hot with butter and syrup; top with sliced strawberries.
- In a hurry? Use commercially prepared waffles.**
2 packets active quick-rise dry yeast
2 cups warm water
5 1/2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
3 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons salt
2 quarts boiling water
2 teaspoons canola oil
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine yeast and warm water. Allow yeast to dissolve in water (about 5 minutes).
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in a bowl. Using stand mixer with dough hook, combine until a well forms.
- Pour water/yeast mixture into center of well. Using medium speed, mix until smooth dough forms. Cover dough with plastic wrap and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 equally sized pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a cylinder; moisten ends and fuse together to form a ring. Place bagels on baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap. Allow dough to rise for 30-40 minutes or until volume has increased about 30%.
- While dough is rising, bring two quarts of water to a boil; add canola oil. Preheat oven to 400˚.
- Poach bagels a few at a time in simmering water for 30-45 seconds. Remove from water and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until tops are golden; cool. Serve with peanut butter or almond butter for added crunch.
- Alternately, use ready-made bagels.***
Choose a cereal from the list below; add milk. Serve with yogurt and mixed berries on the side. Alternately, omit milk and sprinkle cereal on top of yogurt and berries.
- General Mills Gluten-Free Rice Chex
- General Mills Gluten-Free Honey Nut Chex
- General Mills Gluten-Free Chocolate or Vanilla Rice Chex
- Enjoy Life Gluten-Free Crunchy Rice: Flax or Flax With Chia
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon water
1/2 red or green bell pepper
1/4 cup shredded cheese (optional)
1 1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1 8 inch sprouted corn or brown rice tortilla
pinch of freshly ground black pepper
In a small bowl, beat eggs with water and pepper.
Heat oil in small skillet over medium heat. Add egg mixture; stir slowly, occasionally scraping bottom and sides of pan. Continue cooking until eggs reach desired consistency.
Wrap tortilla in foil and heat at 300˚ until steaming (about 5 minutes).
Place eggs on warmed tortilla; top with salsa of your choice.
recipe courtesy of Dr. Oz
- smoked salmon
- gluten-free bagel
- cream cheese
- thinly sliced red onions (optional)
- capers or olive tapenade (optional)
Toast bagel; spread with cream cheese; add salmon. If desired, top with onions and/or capers.
* Gluten-Free Bread
- Deanna’s: Multigrain, Whole Grain, or Cinnamon Raisin
- Rudi’s: Cinnamon, Multigrain or Original
- French Meadow Bakery: Cinnamon Raisin, Multigrain or Sandwich
- Canyon Bakehouse: 7-Grain, Cinnamon, Mountain White or Deli Rye Style
- Food For Life: Bhutanese Red Rice, Brown Rice, Exotic Black Rice, Rice Millet or Rice Pecan
** Gluten-Free Waffles
- Van’s Natural Foods: Ancient Grains, Original, Blueberry, Apple Cinnamon or Flax Seed & Buckwheat
- Nature’s Path: Buckwheat Wild Berry
*** Gluten-Free Bagels
- Kinnikinnick: Plain, Cinnamon Raisin or Blueberry
- Katz: Sesame, Poppy Seed or Everything