|Director of Corporate Development and Communications
The Director of Corporate Development and Communications is responsible for designing and executing dynamic multi-platform fundraising and communications programs that provide the necessary financial resources and brand awareness to achieve the Foundation’s strategic goals of transformational research, federal and state advocacy, and patient/provider education. The Director develops and manages the Foundation’s corporate giving program, organizational partnerships, cause-related marketing, grants, web and social media sales/collaborations, and events. The Director creates and manages the Foundation’s marketing strategies and external communications including website content and social media presence, program and event announcements, advertisements, publications, newsletters, and presentations.
- Develop, implement, and measure strategically-guided plans to sustain and increase revenue in the following areas: corporate gifts, organizational partnerships, cause-related marketing, grants, web and social media sales/collaborations, and events.
- Understand the fundraising landscape, perform data collection and analysis including Research and manage grant submissions and relationships for corporate and community foundations in collaboration with program officers.
- Oversee the successful planning, execution, and follow-up to Foundation fundraising and cultivation events. Identify new ways to engage with corporate partners to deepen the Foundation’s relationship through volunteer opportunities or event sponsorship.
- Maintain a formal process for tracking existing and future partnerships/relationships including structure, terms, milestones, economics, and renewal dates of partnerships.
- In collaboration with partners, determine, measure, and achieve milestones including targeted cross-promotion and opportunities to be generated from each partnership.
- Communicate results including number of cross-referrals, opportunities generated, and development of pipelines in an effective and timely manner (monthly, quarterly).
- Create awareness for the Foundation’s solutions among partners (Registries, Web, Marketplace App, Diagnostic Apps, Social Media, POP, events, etc.) and assist in positioning the Foundation’s services as solutions of choice.
- Cultivate strong consultative relationships with key individuals at partners and act as primary point of contact to ensure satisfaction of partners.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the partners’ business.
- Maintain knowledge in celiac disease research and advocacy and communicate knowledge with partners.
- Provide recommendations to senior leadership in responding to the needs of funders and our key relationships.
- Assist with the development of budgets.
- Develop and implement an integrated marketing and communications calendar and process including direct mail and digital media.
- Create compelling written materials on Foundation’s mission, vision, and impact to support marketing and program materials as well as print, digital, and media. Develop key corporate marketing communications materials (website, emails, presentations, brochures, talking points) as well as explore the possibility of features or articles, and other opportunities in key publications.
- Manage social media presence and direct programs to increase recognition.
- Lead external communication efforts by participating in externally convened meetings, relevant conferences, and networking events.
Applied Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional, nonprofit fundraising experience in designing and managing successful corporate campaigns and events
- Highly energetic, flexible, self-starter with a track record of developing productive working relationships with board members, funders, volunteers, and staff members
- Knowledge of concepts and practices with establishing new strategic relationships, particularly related to health
- Strong project management skills and great attention to detail
- Ability to represent the organization at a variety of meetings and forums involving partners, donors, foundation representatives, board members, and the general public
- Strong knowledge of organization’s emerging technical capacity and programs to share information and create new partnerships/relationships in key areas
- Excellent problem solving, oral, and written communication skills
- Proficient with technology, including use of Excel, Microsoft Word, digital media, and donor software (Raiser’s Edge)
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends, including overnight travel
- Bachelor’s degree required
HOW TO APPLY
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated, creative individual to assume a pivotal role in a fast-moving, highly respected organization. The Foundation offers an attractive compensation package, including a competitive salary as well as health, 403(b), and vacation benefits.