Jones Dairy Farm
Veggie Packed Pork Meatballs
Blending pork sausage roll with a trio of superfood staples to create tasty, better-for-you meatballs that not only provide a boost of flavor but offer a nutritious helping of vitamins, minerals and fiber.
- 1 12 oz Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 small (or 1/2 large) Sweet Potato
- 1 cup Spinach
- 1/2 cup Quinoa
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Shallot
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Rinse quinoa and cook according to directions. Remove from heat. (Leftover quinoa from a previous meal works perfect for this and saves time!)
- While quinoa is cooking, pierce sweet potato with a fork and microwave for 4 minutes. Remove to allow to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Dice spinach, mince garlic and shallot, and add to a medium sized bowl. Add raw sausage, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Once sweet potato is cool enough to handle, peel and dice into very small pieces. Add to bowl.
- Add quinoa to bowl and combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Using a small scoop or spoon, form into 16 meatballs.
- Place meatballs on a foil covered baking sheet, and bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until internal temp reaches 160.
- Serve with marinara or your choice of sauce, on hoagies, over pasta, or on top of zoodles!
There is no Nutrition Label for this recipe yet.