- 1/2 Cup Small Pearl Tapioca
- 3 Cups Whole Milk
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Combine tapioca, milk, and salt in 1 1/2 quart pan on medium- high heat. Stir while bringing to a bare simmer.
- Lower the heat and cook uncovered, at the lowest possible heat, adding sugar gradually until the tapioca pearls have plumped up and thickened.
- Stir occasionally so that the tapioca doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl. Mix in some of the hot tapioca very slowly to equalize the temperature of the two mixtures (to avoid curdling).
- Return eggs to pan with tapioca. Increase the heat to medium and stir for several minutes until you get a thick pudding consistency.
- Do not let the mixture boil or the tapioca egg custard will curdle.
- Cool 15 minutes. Stir in vanilla.
- Serve either warm or cold.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 156 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4g 6%
Sodium 53mg 2%
Total Carbohydrates 26g 9%
Protein 4g 8%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.