King Arthur Baking Company
Gluten-Free Sandwich Bread
And you thought you'd never enjoy your favorite sandwiches again! This recipe yields a tender, tasty, high-rising loaf, perfect for classic ham and cheese, a PB&J, or a BLT club. Toast and spread with butter and jam for breakfast, turn into French toast, or make a luscious grilled cheese sandwich.
38 t 42minutes
- 3 cups King Arthur Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 1 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 cup warm milk
- 4 tbsp soft butter
- 3 large eggs
- Place the flour, sugar, yeast, salt, and xanthan gum in a bowl, or the bowl of your stand mixer. Mix till combined.
- Using an electric mixer (hand mixer, or stand), drizzle in the milk, beating all the time; the mixture will be crumbly at first, but once all the milk is added, it'll come together.
- Add the butter and beat until thoroughly blended.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating each in thoroughly before adding the next. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl, then beat at high speed for 3 minutes, to make a very smooth, thick batter.
There is no Nutrition Label for this recipe yet.