- 2 Packets Active Quick-Rise Dry Yeast
- 2 Cups Warm Water
- 5 1/2 Cups Pamela's Artisan Flour Blend Gluten-Free Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 2 Quarts boiling water
- 2 Teaspoons canola oil
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine yeast and warm water. Allow yeast to dissolve in water (about 5 minutes).
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in a bowl. Using stand mixer with dough hook, combine until a well forms.
- Pour water/yeast mixture into center of well. Using medium speed, mix until smooth dough forms.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 equally sized pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a cylinder; moisten ends and fuse together to form a ring.
- Place bagels on baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap. Allow dough to rise for 30-40 minutes or until volume has increased about 30%.
- While dough is rising, bring two quarts of water to a boil; add canola oil. Preheat oven to 400˚.
- Poach bagels a few at a time in simmering water for 30-45 seconds. Remove from water and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until tops are golden; cool. Serve with peanut butter or almond butter for added crunch.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 206 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1g 2%
Sodium 407mg 17%
Total Carbohydrates 46g 15%
Protein 2g 4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.