This simple to make fried rice is sweet, savory and slightly spicy and perfect as a delicious side dish or entrée for any day of the week.
Canadian Bacon Fried Rice with Pineapple
- 1 6 oz package Jones Dairy Farm Canadian Bacon, sliced into thin strips
- 2 to 3 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Eggs beaten well
- 1/2 large fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 1/2 bunch green onions, diced
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup cashews, chopped
- 2 cups cooked and chilled Jasmine rice (2/3 cup dry rice makes 2 cups cooked* *Rice for this dish works best dry and cool. Always rinse rice in mesh colander before cooking. Spread it out on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper to cool quickly. Let sit for an hour in refrigerator before using.
- 1 1/2 tbsp wheat free tamari sauce** **Soy sauce can be substituted for a non-gluten-free dish.
- 2 tsp chili garlic paste (typically found in the Asian foods aisle), or sriracha
- 1 Lime cut into wedges
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro for garnish, optional
There is no Nutrition Label for this recipe yet.