Proud Celiac Disease Foundation sponsor, Jones Dairy Farm, celebrates its 125th anniversary since its founding in 1889. Always a forward thinking company, Jones Dairy Farm has proven its commitment to the celiac and gluten-free communities by offering over 200 gluten-free products as well as supporting the Celiac Disease Foundation in our quest to improve awareness, education, and food options for celiac disease and other gluten-related disorders.
FORT ATKINSON, WI–(Marketwired – January 27, 2014) – Jones Dairy Farm kicked off its quasquicentennial anniversary this January, marking 125 years of delivering all natural, great tasting sausage and other breakfast meats that families can feel good about eating, a guarantee the company has stood by since 1889.
When founded by Milo Jones in Fort Atkinson, Wis., Jones Dairy Farm made sausage from a cherished family recipe consisting of pork, water, salt and a special blend of spices — sausage that was free of preservatives, fillers, binders and extenders. Over the years, despite changes in technology and the industry standard to cut corners to save costs, Jones still produces their signature sausage as well as an extended line of wholesome products including dry-aged bacon, ham, Canadian bacon, turkey sausage, turkey bacon, braunschweiger and scrapple.
“For 125 years, our family has made a commitment to deliver high-quality products that families can feel good about serving,” said Philip H. Jones, sixth generation president and great-great grandson of Milo Jones. “We take pride in our products’ clean ingredient labels that don’t include preservatives, MSG or gluten.”
The Jones Dairy Farm success story is not only based on providing consistent quality to generations of loyal customers but a strong entrepreneurial spirit that keeps the company moving forward. Since inception, the company has seen many milestone achievements, including:
- Becoming the first meat packaging company to quick freeze sausage in the 1920s, facilitating shipping throughout the U.S. and abroad without chemicals or preservatives.
- Launching a line of fully cooked breakfast sausage, one of the first of its kind, in 1986.
- Introducing one of the first “light” breakfast sausage products in 1988.
- Becoming one of the first red meat companies to operate a modern bacteriological laboratory on site to monitor and test for food safety.
- Taking the proactive step to have more than 200 products certified gluten free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization. Jones also became a proud supporter of the Celiac Disease Foundation to help raise awareness of celiac disease and expand the food choices of individuals following the gluten-free lifestyle.
- Beyond its commitment to delivering quality products, Jones Dairy Farm has a deep tradition of community involvement and philanthropy, and has taken a lead role in cultivating future generations of talented chefs and foodservice professionals. In 2006, the company established an endowed scholarship at the Culinary Institute of America. The scholarship provides substantial tuition assistance to students seeking their Bachelor of Professional Studies degree in culinary arts management. In its home state, Jones Dairy Farm is the proud sponsor of Wisconsin’s first and only culinary theatre at Fox Valley Technical College.
Jones Dairy Farm is proud of its history and many achievements, and throughout 2014, the company will commemorate and celebrate its 125thanniversary with a variety of in-store activities, sampling opportunities, contests and giveaways.
“This year will be full of surprises for both our customers and employees,” said Mr. Jones. “We look forward to celebrating this milestone anniversary. The company wouldn’t be here today if it weren’t for our dedicated customers and loyal, hard-working employees. It’s truly an achievement to be a relevant brand for 125 years that continues to gain a new legion of fans every year.”
For updates on Jones Dairy Farm anniversary celebrations and information on contests and giveaways, visit the Jones Dairy Farm’s Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/jonesdairyfarm or follow the company on Twitter via @JonesDairyFarm.
For more information Jones Dairy Farm, please visit www.jonesdairyfarm.com
About Jones Dairy Farm
Based in Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin, Jones Dairy Farm products offer the old-fashioned quality one would expect from a family business started in 1889. Jones Dairy Farm produces the highest quality sausage, ham, bacon, liver sausage and Canadian bacon for consumers around the world. The Gluten-Free Certification Organization (GFCO) has certified more than 200 Jones Dairy Farm products as gluten-free.