We take our responsibility to our donors seriously. We’re proud that 86 cents of every dollar we spend goes straight to programs and initiatives to drive diagnosis, treatment and find a cure for celiac disease.
Celiac Disease Foundation is a charitable organization with tax-exempt status granted under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Our Federal ID# is 95-4310830. Donations are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law.
CDF is a recognized member of Independent Charities of America (ICA), a nonprofit association of America’s best charities, and Health & Medical Research Charities of America (HMR), a nonprofit organization that pre-screens high quality national and international charities. CDF has received the GuideStar Exchange Gold participation level, a leading symbol of transparency and accountability provided by GuideStar USA, Inc., the premier source of nonprofit information.
HOW DONATIONS ARE USED
Celiac disease is a complex disease that requires a comprehensive solution. We implement three strategies to end celiac disease:
- Advance the science and medicine of celiac disease
- Create awareness of the disease and advocate on behalf of all who are affected by celiac disease
- Support all people affected by celiac disease and their professional health care providers
CDF delivers its programs and services through the National Office located in Los Angeles, CA and through a national network of Team Gluten-Free members, Student Ambassadors, and Patient Advocates.
Expand the research effort to drive diagnosis, treatment and find a cure for celiac disease.
- Lead special research initiatives and forge collaborative efforts among stakeholders to address critical issues in the field of celiac disease
- Provide patient data and fund researchers at medical institutions nationwide to address gaps in understanding the causes, progression, and consequences of celiac disease
- Advocate for expanded investment in research from public and private sources at the state and federal levels
INFORMATION AND EDUCATION
Translate research findings into accessible information for health professionals, people affected by celiac disease, and the public.
- Educate physicians about the diagnosis and treatment of celiac disease
- Develop and disseminate education materials and digital tools to all individuals affected by celiac disease
- Design and deliver innovative national awareness campaigns to educate the public about celiac disease
- Collaborate with national partners and government agencies to educate individuals about diagnosing celiac disease and its treatment
Advocate for constructive public policies that support people with celiac disease and their families.
- Educate policymakers about the critical needs of people with celiac disease and their families
- Collaborate with federal and state policymakers to establish and expand programs for people with celiac disease
- Broaden and strengthen the outreach of CDF’s grassroots advocacy network to secure urgently needed funding for research and education programs
Celiac Disease Foundation receives donations from corporations to support its mission and programs that advance research into the causes of and cure for celiac disease, help raise awareness of celiac disease, improve the diagnosis and treatment of the disease, and support individuals and families affected by celiac disease. Corporate donations account for approximately 30% of CDF’s annual budget, with individual donations comprising 70%. CDF receives no government funding.