By viewing and/or using this website, you are agreeing to all of the terms and conditions explained below.
- General. This World Wide Web site with its home page in the domains “celiac.org” and “cdf.thankyou4caring.org” (the “website”) is a complimentary information service offered by Celiac Disease Foundation (“CDF”) at no charge to you as a user of the World Wide Web, with the express condition that you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in this User Agreement. CDF reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions any time, and you must consult the most recent version of this User Agreement and Terms and Conditions (not an older cached version) each time you view the website. Do not use the website if you do not agree to all of the following terms and conditions.
- Intellectual Property/Hyperlinks. You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth under the Service Marks, Copyright and Hyperlinks sections of this User Agreement and Terms and Conditions.
- Representations and Warranties. You acknowledge that the information on the website is provided “as is” for general information only. CDF makes no representations or warranties of any kind regarding this website, including but not limited to any warranties of accuracy, completeness, currency, reliability, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, or any warranty that these pages, or the server that makes them available, are free of viruses or other harmful elements, and all such warranties are expressly disclaimed.
- Indemnification. You agree that you will hold harmless CDF and its officers, directors and employees from all claims arising out of or related to your access or use of, or your inability to access or use, this website or the information contained in this website or other websites to which it is linked, including but not limited to claims that you have found something you have heard, viewed or downloaded from this website or another website to which it is linked to be obscene, offensive, defamatory, or infringing upon your intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of a third party. In no event will CDF or the contributors of information to this website be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you in reliance on such information or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Opinions/Recommendations. You acknowledge that opinions and recommendations contained in this website are not necessarily those of CDF or endorsed by CDF.
- Linked Sites/Third-Party Content. These Terms and Conditions apply only to this website. CDF may provide links on the website to other websites which are not under the control of CDF. These links are provided for convenience of reference only and are not intended as an endorsement by CDF of the organization or individual operating the website or a warranty of any type regarding the website or the information on the website. Under no circumstances will CDF be held liable, directly or indirectly, or any loss or damage that is caused or alleged to have been caused to you in connection with your use of, reliance on, or any content, goods or services available on any other website to which this website links. You should direct any concerns to that website’s administrator.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This website (excluding linked sites) is controlled and operated by CDF, which is headquartered in the State of California, United States of America. It can be accessed from all 50 states, as well as United States territories and other countries around the world. By accessing this website you agree that any action at law or equity arising or in any way relating to this website, shall be filed only under the statutes and laws of the State of California, without regard to conflicts of law principles thereof. You also agree and hereby submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the Superior Court of the State of California in and for the County of Los Angeles, and the United States District Court for California with respect to such matters. CDF makes no representation that materials on the website are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this website from other locations do so of their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- As between you and CDF, all right, title and interest in and to the Site and the Site Materials, including without limitation the Healthcare Provider Directory, together with all intellectual property rights embodied therein, are the property of CDF. The Site and Site Materials are protected by law, including but not limited to U.S. and international copyright law, trademark law, trade secret law, as well as other state, federal, and international laws, regulations and treaties (collectively, “IP Laws“). CDF does not claim any rights in unaltered government data.
- You agree not to engage in any activity that would constitute copyright infringement with respect to the Site Materials, including without limitation the Healthcare Provider Directory and methodology. You acknowledge that CDF selected, compiled, arranged and adjusted data and information regarding Healthcare Providers are original compilations (as defined by the 1976 Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 101) containing material wholly and exclusively original to CDF. You may not reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform or publicly display the Site Materials or any portion thereof without CFD’s prior written consent. By way of illustration but not limitation, except as expressly permitted in this User Agreement or otherwise permitted by us in writing, you may not, directly or indirectly, transmit, download, upload, post, sell, rent, license, transfer, disclose, mirror, frame, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or use any aspect of this Site or any Site Materials (including, but not limited to, any Ratings), in whole or in part, in any form or by any means. Also by way of illustration but not limitation, except as expressly permitted in this User Agreement or otherwise permitted by us in writing, you may not, directly or indirectly, use any of the Healthcare Provider Directory listings for any purposes other than your personal, non-commercial evaluation of Healthcare Providers, to compile mailing lists or other lists of Healthcare Providers for commercial purposes, to establish independent data files or compendiums of statistical information or in violation of any applicable laws or regulations. Additionally, you may not use any metatags or any other “hidden text” utilizing the name “Celiac Disease Foundation” or “CDF” without our prior written permission.
- The contents of the Site, such as text, graphics, images, information, and other material contained on the Site (“Content”) are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the Site. CDF does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. Reliance on any information provided by CDF, CDF employees or volunteers, others appearing on the Site at the invitation of CDF, or other visitors to the Site is solely at your own risk.
- CDF is not a referral service and does not recommend or endorse any particular healthcare provider or practitioner. Rather, CDF is only an intermediary that provides selected information about Healthcare Providers. We do not offer advice regarding the quality or suitability of any particular Healthcare Provider for specific treatments or health conditions, and no information on this Site should be construed as health or medical advice. The selected Healthcare Provider information consists of information obtained through primary source verification of state medical license or certification, that submitted by the Healthcare Provider, or other publically available information. This information is not to be used as a recommendation to utilize the services of any specific healthcare provider or practitioner. You should obtain any additional information necessary to make an informed decision prior to utilizing any specific Healthcare Provider.
- You assume all responsibility in connection with choosing any healthcare provider or practitioner, whether or not you obtained information about such Healthcare Provider on or through this Site. CDF and its licensors, suppliers and affiliates (collectively, the “Affiliates“), and the directors, officers, agents, and representatives of each, assume no (and hereby disclaims all) responsibility or liability of any kind, for any advice, treatment or other services rendered by any healthcare provider or practitioner, or for any malpractice claims and other claims that may arise directly or indirectly from any such advice, treatment or other services.
- The use of the Site by any entity or individual to verify the credentials of Healthcare Providers is prohibited. The database of Healthcare Provider information which drives the Site does not contain sufficient information with which to verify Healthcare Provider credentials under the standards of the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) of the Utilization Review Accreditation Committee (URAC).
- All uses of Celiac Disease Foundation’s federally registered and common law trademarks, service marks and trade names, including but not limited to those listed below, must be approved in writing by CDF. You further acknowledge that other names and logos contained in this Site or in the Site Materials are trademarks and service marks of third parties and may not be used without the permission of the trademark or service mark owner.
- Celiac Disease Foundation
- CDF Team gluten-free
- Are You the One?
- Is Your Child the One?
- Is Your Patient the One?
- The Face of Celiac Disease
- The works of authorship contained in this website, including but not limited to all design, text and images (the “Materials”), are owned or licensed by CDF and may not be copied, reproduced, transmitted, displayed, performed, distributed, rented, sublicensed, altered, stored by subsequent use, or otherwise used in whole or in part in any manner without our prior written consent. Unless permitted otherwise in writing, you may only access the Materials located within the website for your personal use. This means you may download copies of Materials for personal, noncommercial use only, so long as you neither change nor delete any author attribution, trademark, legend or copyright notice. When you download Materials, you do not obtain any ownership rights to the Materials.
- You may provide a hypertext link to the CDF website on another website, provided that:
- the link must be an active, text-only link or approved banner or artwork provided by CDF (you may NOT use our logo without prior written approval) clearly marked “Celiac Disease Foundation”;
- the link, when activated by a user, must display this website full-screen and not within a “frame” on the linked website;
- the appearance, position and other aspects of the link may not be such as to disparage CDF or its services, damage or dilute the goodwill associated with the CDF name and service marks, or to create the false appearance that an entity other than CDF is associated with, benefitting, or sponsored by CDF;
- the link may not be associated with the sale of any products or services, or the promotion of any lottery, raffle, sweepstakes or other games of chance benefiting CDF;
- the link will not appear on pages including content which CDF, in its sole discretion, finds to be objectionable, or which includes obscene, pornographic, violent, intolerant, tasteless, denigrating or sexually-oriented content or materials; and
- CDF reserves the right to revoke its consent to the link at any time in its sole discretion by amending these Terms and Conditions. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for keeping up with any such changes.
- All other hypertext links to this website must be approved in writing by CDF. Inquiries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use of a hypertext link does not indicate or create any endorsement, approval, sponsorship or affiliation of or with your website by CDF. This permission to link is provided without warranties of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of title of non-infringement.
Thank you for taking the time to review our User Agreement and Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions about these policies, or your dealings with this website, you can contact:
Celiac Disease Foundation
20350 Ventura Blvd., Ste. 240
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
Or you may contact us at email@example.com