Now that you’ve read about Team Gluten-Free, and our tips on registering for your own fundraising page, it’s time to start thinking about how you’ll fundraise. What type of fundraiser will you host? The best part: There are no wrong answers.
With Team Gluten-Free, you can turn virtually anything into a fundraiser to benefit celiac disease research and awareness. Start by asking yourself a few simple questions:
- What do you love to do? What are you passionate about?
- What are you good at? Where are your strengths?
- Are you involved in a group organization of some sort (like a local running or drama club)?
It’s easiest to turn something you love and already do into a fundraiser. For example, runners sign up for marathons, and ask friends and family to sponsor them; entertainers throw gala dinners complete with a silent auction, charging guests a fee to attend; actors put on plays and donate admission fees to TGF; business owners donate a percentage of their profits to their fundraising page; and the list goes on.
If you’re still struggling to come up with a fundraiser that will be easy to execute and manage, here’s a list of simple and fun ideas:
- Host a gluten-free bake sale at your local community center or school.
- Set up a lemonade stand in a highly-trafficked area in town — a great way to get the kids involved.
- Penny drive! Start collecting all your loose change, and ask friends and family to do the same. You’d be surprised how quickly it all adds up.
- Getting married? Ask friends to donate to your fundraising page in lieu of getting a traditional wedding gift.
- Sign up for your town’s 5K.
The ideas really are endless. You can monetize just about anything when it comes to fundraising for a good cause, and we can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Ready to start event planning so you can take your fundraising idea and turn it into a reality? Click Here
Haven’t yet joined Team Gluten-Free? Sign up today!